You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
Turn on your NHS App Notifications!
Make the NHS app work for you, and stay connected to your health effortlessly. Enable notifications today!
Discover the Benefits of Enabling Notifications for the NHS App
- Appointment Reminders – Receive timely notifications about upcoming doctor’s appointments.
Stay organized and never miss an important medical visit.
- Prescription Alerts – Get notified when it’s time to renew or collect your prescriptions.
Manage your medications with ease and avoid running out of essential drugs.
- Test Results Updates – Receive prompt notifications when your test results become available in your GP records.
Say goodbye to the hassle of constantly checking for updates or waiting for a call from your healthcare provider.
- Health Information -Stay informed about crucial health updates, such as vaccination eligibility.
Keep up with health campaigns relevant to your age or condition.
- Emergency Alerts – Stay prepared in case of health emergencies or public health crises.
Receive important notifications and guidance to ensure your well-being.
- Enhanced Communication– choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- Privacy and Security– Trust notifications from the official NHS app for secure health-related information.
Reduce the risk associated with less secure communication methods.
Watch video tutorial on how to enable notifications in your NHS App.
How to access your GP records online
You can get your GP record by logging into your account using the NHS app or NHS website. First, you need to register for online services and prove who you are. You can do this when you create an account. You’ll need to ask your GP surgery for online access to your full record, or you’ll only see your medicines and allergies Information:
Get your GP record using your NHS account
At Your Health and Well-being Hub, our mission is to empower Islington residents to easily access vital health and well-being information and find the support they need online. We understand the importance of making essential services more accessible to you.
Explore our Healthwatch Islington website for a comprehensive overview of the services, information, and support that can make a positive difference in your life. Or you can reach out to Philippa Russell at [email protected].